Cheerios One Million Acts of Good Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Cheerios One Million Acts of Good Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (and the District of Columbia) and Canada, who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives and mandataries of General Mills Sales, Inc., General Mills, Inc., HelloWorld, Inc., and their parent and affiliate companies, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies as well as the immediate family (spouse, life partner, parents, siblings and children and their respective spouses or life partners, regardless of where they reside) and household members of each such employee, officer, director, agent, representative and mandatary are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal, territorial and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: General Mills Sales, Inc., One General Mills Blvd, Minneapolis, MN 55426, U.S.A. Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075 U.S.A
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on January 1, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. United States Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on May 31, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, there are two (2) ways to enter:
a) Mail Postcard From Specially-Marked Box of Cheerios cereal: Purchase a specially-marked box of Cheerios cereal, locate and cut out the postcard on the box, fully complete the postcard, including your Act of Good, your full name and valid email address and mail it with proper postage to “Ellen and Cheerios”, P.O. Box 5004, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-5004 U.S.A. You will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. All postcard entries must be handwritten and must be postmarked by May 31, 2019 and received by June 14, 2019. All postcard entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
b) Mail Alternate Entry: To enter without purchasing a specially-marked box of Cheerios, hand print your full name and valid email address on a 3”x5” piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to “Cheerios One Million Acts of Good Sweepstakes,” c/o HelloWorld, Inc., P.O. Box 5068, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-5068 U.S.A. You will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit: one (1) entry per envelope. All alternate entries must be handwritten and must be postmarked by May 31, 2019 and received by June 14, 2019. All alternate entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
Limit: Each participant may enter one (1) time during the Promotion Period, regardless of method of entry. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Drawings: Administrator is an independent judging organization, whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winners from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, at 10:00 a.m. ET on June 24, 2019 in Battle Creek, Michigan U.S.A. The potential winners will be notified by email at the email addresses on the potential winners’ entries. Each potential winner (parent/legal guardian if a winner is a minor in his/her place of residence) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and, where not prohibited, Publicity Release which must be received by Administrator within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If any potential winner is a Canadian resident, he/she will be required to correctly answer a time limited mathematical skill-testing question without assistance, whether mechanical or otherwise, in order to be eligible to receive a prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and, where not prohibited, Publicity Release or provide any other requested information within the required time period (if applicable), fails to answer the skill-testing question correctly (if applicable), or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
6. Prizes: TEN (10) GRAND PRIZES: Each consisting of a trip for two (2) to Los Angeles, CA to attend a taping of The Ellen DeGeneres Show (“Event”). Trip package includes round trip, coach-class air transportation for two (2) from a major airport near winner’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Los Angeles, CA; two (2) nights’ accommodations at a hotel determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (single room, double occupancy); $750 USD spending money; two (2) tickets to the Event; and travel agent services. Winner must travel between September 2019 through May 2020 to coincide with a season 17 The Ellen DeGeneres Show taping or prize will be forfeited. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Sponsor will make reasonable efforts to select travel dates acceptable to winner. Trip must be booked at least twenty-one (21) days prior to departure. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and blackout dates. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Travel companion must be at least fourteen (14) years of age or older as of the date of departure. If winner is a minor in his/her place of residence, travel companion must be winner’s parent/legal guardian. If travel companion is between fourteen (14) years of age and the age of majority in his/her place of residence, travel companion must be winner’s child. Travel companion must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. Travel companion must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Winner and travel companion are solely responsible for obtaining valid passports and any other documents necessary for international travel. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for round trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Sponsor is not responsible if the Event is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, in which event that portion of prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Seating and timing to be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor or The Ellen DeGeneres Show. Tickets may be subject to standard rain-check policies and procedures. By accepting ticket prize, winner agrees to abide by any terms, conditions and restrictions provided by the ticket. The Sponsor is not responsible if winner does not use ticket on day of event. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $3,900 USD (or approximately $5088 CAD). Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Actual value may also vary based on exchange rates at the time when prize is fulfilled.
For All Prizes: Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or any prize component for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Limit: one (1) prize per person. Total ARV for all prizes: $39,000 USD (or approximately $50,876 CAD). Actual value may also vary based on exchange rates at the time when prize is fulfilled.
7. Release: By participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, General Mills, Inc., Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each entrant’s agreement and consent to Sponsor’s, The Ellen DeGeneres Show’s and their respective designees’ use of entrant’s name, likeness, written story or “act of good” from entrant’s Entry, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state, province or territory for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, social media or broadcast of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, without limitation and without further payment, consideration, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law. Use or reading of an entrant’s name or Entry by Sponsor, The Ellen DeGeneres Show and/or their respective designees will not increase an entrant’s chance of winning.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan U.S.A.; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan. For Residents of Quebec Only: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
13. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/2NFnXxo. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete, in or about August, 2019.
14. Sweepstakes Emails: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to receive emails related to the Sweepstakes.
© 2018 HelloWorld, Inc. All rights reserved.